Wednesday, 10 March 2021

Yr 10 - 03 Creating Media

 If I were to choose immediately at this point, I would likely choose:

For the music video, I would likely choose a song such as 'Smalltown Boy' by Bronski Beat, which has a narrative and story already in the song, so lip syncing isn't entirely required as long as there is engaging and matching imagery and scenes, but it does have relatively understandable and malleable themes that could work well with different editing styles and shots.

In terms of the 'hobby magazine', activities such as gaming, particular areas of the Arts or music would be favourable, purely because of the expression and freedom they allow in terms of design and structure in the layout and theme. Plus, I'm better at performing on paper than on a platform, so it may be easier than the music video and factual programme.

However, the factual programme would allow me to cover historical, social and geographic concerns and topics, that would likely cover uncommon true topics such as Mariya Oktyabrskaya, a Soviet mechanic who's soldier husband died fighting Nazis in WW2, and in response she bought a tank named "Fighting Wife", and set out as a soldier on her own to kill many more Nazi soldiers herself. This is a topic that I'm surprised is not talked about much, but might not be appropriate for 14-18 audience depending on how it is approached.

1 comment:

  1. I watched Smalltown Boy for the first time after reading your post. It is unbearably sad and it made me so angry. It would be difficult to do, perhaps, for a girl, in that it is about a gay boy attacked for his sexuality by a bunch of homophobic thugs. It's certainly serious.You would need another actor (other than yourself), wouldn't you?
    Th factual programme treatment sounds interesting and different. You could launch a 'True Stories'programme about unsung women heroes. One issue is how to not seem to be glorifying war. Are there any other issues to consider?

    ReplyDelete

02 NEWS: Representation

 What/Which women are represented and how? Women are underrepresented in the 60s Observer, due to patriarchal, social and cultural standards...